Fall House Cleaning Checklist
Everyone has always heard of “Spring cleaning”, but have you ever thought about what your Fall house cleaning checklist should be?
Yes, there is a Fall house cleaning checklist! These are things that should be done in the Fall to freshen up your house, that go beyond your everyday cleaning.
So what should be on your Fall house cleaning checklist? Well, I’m glad you asked! I’ll break it down for you into sections, for an easy to follow list. This will also keep you from getting overwhelmed, as you can choose one area at a time to complete.
General Home Maintenance –
A great place to start is with general home maintenance. This of course will differ depending on which of these you have or don’t have.
- Service your heating system
- Have your Chimney/Fireplace cleaned
- Store any patio furniture/cushions
- Clean out gutters
- Test all smoke alarms/replace batteries
- Wash/clean all windows
- Wash throw rugs
- Check and clean outdoor lights
- Clean out garage area
- Replace air filters
- Clean baseboards
- Clean exterior doors
- Check caulk around windows/doors
- Check weather stripping on doors/replace if needed
Living Room –
- Dust all blinds
- Dust tops of windows and door trim
- Wash or change out curtains
- Dust lamps and electronics
- Dust/Vacuum air vents
- Vacuum furniture
- Put out Fall blankets/pillows
- Clean carpets
- Clean and organize pantry
- Good time to check baking supplies if you bake
- Clean out spice cabinet
- Clean out fridge and freezer
- Dust and clean cabinet doors and handles
- Pull out fridge and oven and clean behind both
- Vacuum fridge condenser coil
- Clean inside of oven
- Wipe down fronts of fridge, dishwasher, oven
- Clean light fixtures/replace bulbs if needed
- Deep clean kitchen floor – Steam Mops are perfect for this
- Rotate/vacuum matresses
- Switch out Summer wardrobe for Fall wardrobe
- Dust light fixtures/ceiling fans
- Replace any light bulbs if necessary
- Wash curtains
- Clean out closets
- Clean out/organize drawers
- Change bedding from Summer to Fall
- Deep clean floors if hardwood
- Wash/change shower curtains/liners
- Clean out and organize cabinets
- Wipe down cabinets, doors and handles
- Add Fall scented candle/potpourri/air fresheners
- Wash bath mats/rugs
- Wash any decorative towels/hand towels
- Deep clean floors
I’m sure there are some things I may have overlooked, so here is another example of Fall home cleaning checklist ideas.
Download a free checklist HERE!
Again, some of this will only apply if you have it in your home, but this is a general idea of a great Fall house cleaning checklist. You will be amazed at how much better your house will feel, and you’ll have less work ahead come Springtime!
See you in the next post!